Would you like to know what is the best laptops for ArcGIS in 2022 since there are so many well-known manufacturers competing to make the best and most durable laptop with a plethora of features? Obviously, if this is the case, then you have landed in the right place where you can find out precisely what you want to learn. I have carried out a lot of research to keep in mind the competition between the various laptop manufacturers that I have collected a great deal of information.
Also read: Best Laptops for Teletherapy
I have written this article to provide an overview of the 5 best laptops for ArcGIS Pro 2022 software with their features and pros and cons and give a guideline on what to think about when choosing a laptop for yourself.
Product reviews of the 5 best laptops for ArcGIS:
During the past few years, technological advancements have resulted in the manufacturing of thousands of laptop computers every day by various companies, each with its own unique features. Consequently, finding a laptop that can smoothly run ArcGIS pro-2022 will be a bit of a challenge.
Also read: Best Laptop for Crafting
I did a lot of research to find out which of the best laptops for ArcGIS software is available on the market with a minimum of effort, as many buyers are not able to search a great deal.
|Razer Blade 15||
||Check on Amazon|
|Dell Gaming G3 15 3500 laptops||
||Check on Amazon|
|ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Laptop||
||Check on Amazon|
|Acer Swift X laptop||
||Check on Amazon|
|HP Envy 17t CG Home and Business Laptop||
||Check on Amazon|
According to my research, here are the five laptops that I found as a result of the findings. Each laptop will be discussed along with its key features and pros and cons.
1. Razer Blade 15: best ArcGis Laptop
- Brand: Razer
- CPU: Intel
- Color: Black
If you are looking for a small and portable laptop, yet powerful and ultra-fast when it comes to multitasking, such as GIS work, then the Blade 15 from Razer might blow your mind.
Product’s brief description:
This high-performance laptop has more power and features even though it is more compact. It is believed that the Razer Blade is the world’s smallest 15.6″ Gaming laptop, achieving the perfect combination of functionality and compactness.
Also read: Best laptop for embroidery software
- Considering the processor, the Razer Blade is equipped with the 8th gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core processor. Razer Blade can simultaneously play, stream, and perform high-definition mapping tasks and other ArcGIS software features.
- Featuring an ultra-thin 4.9mm bezel around the 15.6″ Full HD display, this massive display has been professionally analyzed for precision and provides an easy way to navigate through maps.
- There is an aluminum shell covering the laptop’s body. As a result of the aluminum shell, the laptop is light and sturdier enough to withstand adverse environments.
- In this laptop, RAZER has included NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics with Max-Q design, making it possible to run the latest version of ArcGIS pro-2022 and all the latest creative applications.
- Taking advantage of the 60Hz Full HD display, you can enjoy the fastest and most realistic software experience ever.
- Powered by the Razer Blade’s two specialized fans with 44 blades per fan, the Razer Blade can move large amounts of air with a minimum amount of disturbance.
- In addition to supporting the latest Windows, it can switch to Windows 11 if you want.
- If you use the laptop at an average pace, the battery will last about 5 hours, but if you cannot use it when it is charging, it will last up to 7 hours.
- RAZER’s blade 15 model comes with 256 Gb of storage, which is great for keeping data related to the ArcGIS program but is not sufficient for doing GIS work professionally, where a great deal of data needs to be stored.
- Extremely thin and ultra-small.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Easily transportable.
- Display that extends from edge to edge.
- It weighs a mere 4.4 pounds.
- For demanding work, 5 hours of battery life is not enough.
- Sometimes the laptop heats up due to overload.
2. Dell Gaming G3 15 3500 laptops: best laptop for GIS Software
- Brand: Dell
- CPU: Intel
- Color: Black
It isn’t easy to find a laptop that can combine a gaming experience with GIS work, but Dell has a laptop that fits that need well.
Product’s brief description:
Since it operates using a sophisticated processor, it is well suited for processing all information concerning geography and maps on its own.
Also read: Best Laptops For Fusion 360
- Its 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor is capable of handling complex GIS software and multiple tasks with a clock speed of around 5.0 GHz.
- The laptop is equipped with the NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card on the graphics front, which is impressive when it comes to three-dimensional rendering.
- It has 16GB of RAM, making it reasonably faster for operating ArcGIS software smoothly without jamming while running plenty of applications at a time in the background.
- As ArcGIS demands software that does not take too much space, its data takes plenty of room. But don’t worry, this is one of the Best laptops for ArcGIS that comes with 512 GB storage space where you can keep a great amount of data.
- Dell gaming laptop has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels on its 15.6-inch Full HD display. Additionally, it has an IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display with a brightness of 300 nits and a reversible narrow bezel to enhance its brilliance.
- To help reduce heat buildup on your laptop, a dual-fan cooling system is provided to help keep your laptop cool and responsive. As a result, your system will run cooler because the fans will be working at their maximum speed.
- Besides, the device is equipped with a fast Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2×2) connection and Bluetooth 5.1, which allows the user to connect to the internet or transfer important files related to ArcGIS software.
- The laptop offers a good choice of ports, including HDMI, USB 2.0 Type-A, USB 3.0 Type-A, USB Type-C, as well as an Ethernet port, so that you can connect your laptop to a larger screen for a clear picture.
- An indicator light has been attached to the webcam to ensure privacy (to know whether the webcam is on or not).
- The device weighs 5.1 pounds about portability, which is rather light for such a device.
- There is a battery life of around five hours on this device.
- A powerful processor and graphics card.
- Strongly built-in construction.
- There are several ports.
- Webcam-based indicator light.
- Unsatisfactory battery performance.
- A bit heavy.
3. ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Laptop
- Brand: ASUS
- CPU: Intel
- Color: Black
It delivers you a unique combination of mobility and performance as you have never experienced before, thanks to the ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 with the additional ScreenPad.
Product brief description:
There are endless ways to optimize and personalize your workflow with the help of the second 4K touchscreen, integrated seamlessly with the main 15.6-inch 4K UHD OLED touchscreen.
Also read: Best Laptops for Realtors
- It can be equipped with an eight-core Intel Core i9 processor, which comes from the 10th generation.
- It is brought to you by the latest high-end NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics cards to provide you with a remarkable and captivating visual experience of geographical data.
- Having a speed of 16 GB of RAM is not a bad thing but, according to professionals, it could have been increased for maximum efficiency.
- With the Duo, you can seamlessly move between apps on your screen pad Plus and your main screen, allowing for a fluid cross-screen workflow, unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
- The ASUS ZenBook Pro sports a spacious 1TB SSD disk, so you can run massive GIS projects on your laptop while leaving room for other large programs and apps.
- With a screen size of 15.6 inches wide and has a resolution of 3840*2160, it is equipped with a 4K OLED display.
- Furthermore, its NanoEdge frame allows you to utilize the entire screen for mapping, remote imaging, satellite monitoring, and wireless sensing.
- In terms of connectivity, the device offers a variety of output options, including HDMI and USB 3.1, although many users find these to be quite limited.
- Asus keyboard and detachable hand rest are included.
- There are two types of Quick Key. Quick Key lets you execute complicated keyboard operations in a single action, and Handwriting lets you insert text logically and straightforwardly.
- This device has a lithium-ion battery that lasts up to five hours.
- High-performance processor.
- Excellent for GIS work.
- Beautiful 4K display.
- Large storage capacity.
- Includes a touchscreen.
- Limited battery life.
- A limited number of ports.
4. Acer Swift X laptop
- Brand: Acer
- CPU: AMD
- Color: Gold
The Acer Swift X from Acer is a capable and inexpensive combination of performance and price that can meet all your GIS software needs.
We are sure that this is a product we are proud to recommend with an impressive price-to-quality ratio.
Also read: Best Laptops for CA students
- Using AMD Ryzen 7 5800U processor with Zen 3 Core Architecture, you will speed up tasks.
- Featuring NVIDIA’s latest GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU (4GB GDDR6 VRAM), the new GPU is powered by its groundbreaking AMP technology, which incorporates Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and Streaming Multiprocessors, which are all able of supporting DirectX 12 Ultimate at the highest levels of performance.
- Keep your Acer PC protected with Windows Hello authentication and the fingerprint scanner.
- Stream any music or video service, and the two loudspeakers from DTS Audio produce a sound that’s optimized with improved dynamic range and amplification reduction for an enhanced listening experience.
- In addition, the laptop can provide amazing angles and accurate colors due to its large 14 ” FHD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a brightness of 300 nits.
- It provides an impressive 12 hours of battery life, enough to do all the tasks you need to do, and one charge is often sufficient for a full day’s work.
- Swift X’s lightweight design of 3.06 pounds facilitates more mobility, making it easier for GIS users to take it with them.
- There’s a USB Type-C Port, USB 3.2 Gen 2 DisplayPort over USB Type-C and USB Charging, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, Headphone/Mic In jack, AC In jack.
- A costly laptop.
- Processor with high performance.
- Exceptionally light.
- Approximately 12 hours of battery life.
- Occasionally gets hot when used for multiple tasks.
5. HP Envy 17t CG Home and Business Laptop
- Brand: HP
- CPU: Intel
- Color: Silver
For geographical analysts who are constantly on the move, the HP Envy is proving to be a great choice
This is one of the Best laptops for ArcGIS because it offers an incredible battery life that can last all day long, as well as a lightweight design.
Also read: Best Laptop for Cricut Explore Air
- In addition to its 11th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, it also has Intel Turbo Boost technology that makes it more than capable of handling all your GIS projects for viewing, exploring, comprehending, and analyzing data.
- It is equipped with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics card that provides better performance and a superior visual experience.
- It is also outfitted with 64GB of RAM, the amount of RAM necessary for the smooth operation of ArcGIS software, and other programs such as spreadsheets and other applications.
- In addition to the 17.3-inch FHD display, this notebook features a 1920*1080 resolution, which will provide sharp and bright images at a wide viewing angle. You might be able to create 2D maps with these features; however, you may have difficulty recreating the colors if you are dealing with 3D scenes.
- With the 1TB of internal storage available, it is a good amount compared to the other specs, especially since it has 1TB of hard drive integrated with it to give users additional storage space.
- With its 90W Power Supply, 3-Prong, 4-Cell 55WHr Battery, and 9-hour battery life, this product is the real star of the show.
- Its weight of 6.02 lbs makes it an easy-to-transport laptop that is useful for work, meetings, and even on the go.
- Also, as it is equipped with a sturdy aluminum frame, it distinguishes itself as a high-performance laptop.
- Windows 11 Home-64 Operating System is the operating system used.
- Fast and durable.
- Supports the Win 11 home.
- Good value for money.
- Proper battery backup.
- A little heavier, but not enough.
Things to consider before purchasing the best laptop for ArcGIS in 2022.
The following is a list of things you should know before getting behind the wheel and finding the best laptop for GIS work. Before investing in a laptop, make sure it has the following items.
By reading my guide to buying, you should be able to make smart buying decisions.
Also read: Best laptop for Elgato game capture HD
The ArcGIS Pro software is a high-demanding product, which must be run on a computer with a robust and high-performance processor that can handle the demands. You should ensure your laptop has at least a Core i5 CPU from Intel to ensure it works correctly with no interruptions or malfunctions. In the case of a laptop that operates below this level, ArcGis software will not function properly.
For optimal performance of your laptop, I would recommend considering the generation of a processor. If you intend to run the software, you should ensure that your laptop has the latest 10 generations Intel Core i7 processor. Moreover, the Core i7 CPU also has features such as hyper-threading, which can enhance the laptop’s performance to a reasonable extent.
A few factors make laptops suitable for ArcGis software after the processor because the more RAM a laptop has, the easier it is to open and navigate through the software. Developers say AcrGis can run on a system with up to 4GB of RAM. Still, I would recommend having at least 8GB of RAM because you have to switch between multiple geographical programs and applications while using the software.
Secondly, if you plan to utilize ArcGIS software’s numerous features for demanding work, the 16GB of RAM will fill that need. As a result, you will not encounter any delays or performance degradation during your job or be equipped to execute other applications smoothly in the background.
It is helpful to consider that 16GB of RAM will also help you run complex projects efficiently, including geographic modeling, mapping, and gathering data from different regions.
Also read: Best Laptop for Dolphin Emulator
Along with the powerful CPU and faster RAM, one of the other things the user should consider is storage. The user should think about storage since so many things depend on storage. Geographical data is very detailed and has a lot of different inputs and outputs. Significantly, there will be many project files, including images and base maps and spreadsheets, google docs, tables, and much more. For this reason, you need your laptop to have substantial storage capacity so that you can store this kind of location-specific information. It’s also interesting to note that the software doesn’t eat up a lot of space because it only needs 32 GB of free disk space to function correctly. However, if you are a professional user and use a lot of advanced functions of AcrGis pro software, then a storage space of 256 GB is the optimal storage space to use.
I recommend you look at your preferences and requirements and select the storage space that suits your needs. For example, some laptops have even 1TB of storage space, where you can store a lot of data simultaneously.
In the case of ArcGIS, you have to use 3D pictures and high-resolution imagery to use this software. If you’re working with GIS, a laptop with an excellent graphics card will make a big difference when it comes to collecting and drawing data. In light of this, merely having 2GB of GPU is sufficient for the normal functioning of a GIS system. However, if your work is explicitly demanding, such as designing or modifying in three dimensions, I recommend using a minimum of 6GB of GPU on your laptop. In addition, if I had to recommend a GPU, I would highly recommend the NVIDIA MX graphics card because of its exceptional performance. As a result, you will improve your performance and get more accurate results, thus speeding up your project.
Also read: Best Laptop For Virtualization
The physique of the laptop:
Although the physical appearance of your laptop may not be the most crucial consideration when choosing the best laptops for ArcGIS Pro, it does have a significant impact on your GIS work. Depending on the design, there are a variety of possibilities available, including clamshell, ultrabook, or a convertible 2-in-1 unit, each of which has its style to offer.
A Clamshell laptop is the most common type of laptop available on the market, but thanks to the advancement of technology, other types of laptops have also been developed.
Clamshells are appropriate for those who wish to use a laptop when seated at a desk; however, convertibles containing touchscreens are preferred for faster work.
Screen To Body ratio:
I have found through my research that people like laptops with wider screens for better visuals, and I prefer laptops that have a wide display. So, when it comes to performing GIS work, the bigger the screen, the better since it is easier to see all the geographical images, maps, tables, and spreadsheets. Make better choices by choosing a larger display. To fully observe and analyze geographical characteristics in detail, you should choose a screen size not less than 14 inches since anything less will not allow you to do so. Otherwise, the 15 to 16-inch display should be the one you choose.
It’s better to make a much more educated decision at the outset since you won’t be able to upgrade to a bigger screen if you buy a laptop with a narrower screen unless you invest in a new one.
Also read: Best Laptop for Presentations
In my opinion, the effectiveness of a program is closely linked to the aesthetic strength of the images within the latest version of ArcGIS software. As you continue building additional maps on top of one another and creating different projects, it grows progressively more critical. There is an official requirement that you need a minimum resolution of 1280*800 pixels. Nevertheless, you may want to go for a laptop with an FHD resolution of 1920*1080 pixels to enhance your experience.
A laptop with a battery life of at least five hours is considered the best laptop for ArcGIS consumption. You will be stuck charging your laptop over and over again if you feel a laptop with a battery life that is less than mentioned. Since you must carry the charger around with you, you will not bring your laptop everywhere. For those of you seeking something better than that, HP’s Envy is a viable alternative as it offers a battery life of 9 hours, which is exceptional for the specs it has.
The best laptops for GIS need to handle the workload that comes with them. A machine that will meet your software needs for GIS software does not necessarily have to be expensive. Furthermore, there are also some affordable laptops that you can choose from and suit your needs perfectly. The price of a computer may range from as little as 700 dollars to as much as thousands of dollars, so make sure you know the price before you buy.
Ideally, a laptop should have WIFI capabilities and Bluetooth technology support so that you can easily connect to the internet or transfer data from one device to another. The device should also implement the latest Wi-Fi 5 or Wi-Fi 6 standards to ensure a more reliable network connection. The absence of these two technologies affects the functionality of a laptop.
Also read: Best Laptop for pastors
There should be a variety of ports available on the laptop so that you can connect many different accessories to the laptop, such as an extra webcam, speakers, and so on.
It is important to note that while the Type-A 3.0 USB port is the most important one, in addition to that, Thunderbolt 3, USB Type-C, HDMI, and Display Port are also extremely important when it comes to connecting the laptop to an additional screen and accessing maps in a broader screen.
I want to suggest that you check whether a laptop is durable before going to the store to purchase it. For a laptop to be durable and resistant to wear and tear, it should be made of very robust materials of high quality. For this reason, I recommend a laptop that can last for years without the need to keep changing it again and again.
Like a carbon fiber chassis, choosing a high-quality laptop will provide you with the best experience. Despite this, if you’re looking for something more, a solid-state laptop will undoubtedly be a wise expenditure since these devices are significantly more reliable than those whose casings are constructed of plastic.
While buying a laptop for ArcGIS, the weight will play a significant role because it will increase the machine’s portability. If you intend to carry a laptop with you wherever you go, you will be able to take it with you quickly. Therefore, selecting a lightweight yet durable laptop is wise to carry it around with you if you do not work in a specific office or at home. Ideally, it would be best if you opted for a laptop that weighs at least 6.5 pounds, and anything more than that would be uncomfortable to carry around.
Also read: Best laptop for biology majors
Conclusion: Best Laptop for ArcGis
Let me conclude the article about the best laptops for ArcGIS Pro in which I discussed not only the 5 best laptops but also a convenient buying guide that will make selecting any laptop much easier than ever. My information is based on research I conducted and is easy to understand, so we recommend that you read it out in order to get the most benefit.
Additionally, I explained my five top picks and covered every laptop in detail, including the product description, its most anticipated features, and some pros and cons. Take the time to read through each type carefully in order to gain a comprehensive understanding.
Meanwhile, I recommend the Acer Swift X laptop (best affordable laptop), the ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Laptop (with an additional touchscreen), and the Razer Blade 15 (the best ultra-small laptop).
In any case, it depends upon your preferences, so be sure to read the article carefully to avoid missing any important details.
Also read: Best laptop for automotive diagnostics
PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS: Best Laptops for ArcGis
If you want to use the ArcGIS software smoothly without any malfunctions, I recommend you take advantage of the powerful RAM. It is, therefore, recommended to have 16 GB of RAM so that you can work and run multiple applications at a time without fear of jamming or other speed-slowing issues that can occur with laptops.
It is required to meet the following conditions for operating the ArcGIS pro software effectively without encountering any problems.
Intel Core i7 processor, 10th generation
RAM of 8 GB
Storage capacity of 256GB SSD
Display with 14-inch FHD IPS technology
I prefer a resolution of 1920×1080.
Batteries that last for five hours,
Specialized graphics processing unit.
The use of ArcGIS is not easy and must not be underestimated. Due to the fact that this is heavy-duty software that consumes a lot of power in order to function efficiently, you will not be able to run it on a normal laptop since it does not have enough advanced specs to run.
You can use ArcGIS on Mac, however, you’ll have to set it up as a dual boot system to take advantage of this feature, so please do not disregard this requirement. Because of this, you will need to install two different operating systems on your Mac since ArcGIS is not compatible with it.
Using ArcGIS, it is possible to perform all the tasks you need to manage and generate answers from various geographical and imaging information sources. Among the tools and workflows in its arsenal are imaging software and processes for capturing and analysis, as well as access to one of the world’s largest image repositories.
If you use ArcGIS and other GIS mapping software routinely, you will be well familiar with the importance of the quality of the images produced in terms of the GIS program’s effectiveness. In order to meet the official requirements, your computer needs to have a resolution of at least 1280 x 800 pixels. As a simple solution, it may be best to ensure you choose a laptop with a minimum HD resolution instead of a laptop with low resolution.
It is strongly recommended to have at least 8 GB of RAM, preferably more. In terms of a disk space requirement, the installation of ArcGIS Pro software should have at least 6 GB of disk space. Approximately 5-10 GB of additional space will be necessary for the GIS data you will be acquiring and processing.
You will be able to start developing and distributing maps for less than $1,500 if you sign up now. As part of this package, you will receive a single-user license of ArcGIS for Desktop and a named user license of ArcGIS Online.